Write Irresistible Blog Post TitlesBy Burkey Belser
November 8, 2017
I’m Hubspotting, so you should hear from me routinely with tips and tricks from Hubspot. I know that’s not my primary job but as I’m learning about Hubspot, I thought I would pass on the best to you so you could learn, too.
If you think you can ignore marketing automation, think again. It’s here and I don’t want you to be back there. So, here’s the link. Read it yourself but note below some highlights.
- How to Write Kick-Ass Title. Start with a working title that says exactly what you are writing about. Not “Raising Healthy Kids,” but “Good Nutrition Will Strengthen Your Kids Bones.” Make the value clear.
- Stay accurate. If you disappoint their expectations, they will stop reading.
- Make it sexy. Use poetic devices like alliteration and hyperbole.
- Keep it short. More than 70 characters will be cut off in search engine results. 8-12 words.
- Optimize for search and social. Think keywords all the time. Witty good; keywords better.
- Ask others to improve your title. You never know where a great idea will come from.
Mess around with some ideas. It's as easy as that.