Why Blog–The Third CourseBy Greenfield/Belser
March 3, 2011
- Blogs are a core element of your SEO strategy. Because blogs are updated more frequently than your website, every time you update your blog, you invite Google to crawl your site.
- Blogs are an easy way to generate more interlinks, another important element in SEO.
- Blogs are likely the ONLY part of your site that enable client interaction–readers can post comments and questions and use social media sharing tools to forward an interesting post to others. If you don't have a blog, you're effectively shutting down this avenue of communication.
- Blogs are viral by nature–with one click, a readers can share your ideas with others while you still get the credit. Think of it like as digital word-of-mouth.
- You'd be hard pressed to find an easier, more cost-effective channel to get your thought-leadership out into the market than a blog. Blogs function as a form of digital PR because they are broadly distributed and easy to share.
- Blogs are fast overcoming your homepage as the main point of entry to your website–this blog does exactly that for our own site.