How to Blog-The Second CourseBy Greenfield/Belser
February 9, 2011
Earlier we wrote about the basics of blogging – consider that a first course. Here's the second:
- Write about what you know AND have opinions on; news comes from a newspaper; blogs offer a mix of news and opinion. This is where you demonstrate thought-leadership.
- Tap into the company intellect–write posts that combine two practice groups' perspectives.
- Have a brand voice. We maintain a consistent style and voice throughout all our posts. This helps ensure a cohesive experience–no matter which topic we are covering or who is writing about it.
- Keep it concise–two to three paragraphs, max.
- Be conversational–write the way we talk.
- Always link to the original source of the content–period.
- Use images and video whenever possible–it captures more readers' attention.