Create Arresting “Service Area” DescriptionsBy Greenfield/Belser
December 1, 2010
Your services are what you DO. Make them easy to find and absorb.
- Tell stories of your successes; don’t just make your online sales piece a list
- Promote your services throughout the site—in the About Us section, the Offices page, etc.
- Include on all service pages cross-links to other relevant service areas, related links to articles/events/news, and at least one contact person's bio
- Deliver the information clearly but with panache. No one has to read your copy.
- Be consistent. Make sure your copy is aligned with your brand personality.
- Don’t say it; show it. Charts, graphs, diagrams and tables can convey substantive information. See our case study on Morgan Lewis and how they conveyed detailed information in a graphical, engaging way.
- Humanize your offering by sharing insights from service leaders and clients.