Catch Up On the News You Care About with FlipboardBy Dillon Vita-Finzi
February 11, 2015
Publish your life into your own personal magazine with the free app, Flipboard. This fun app lets you catch up on the news you care about, discover things around the world and stay connected to people closest to you. The mission of Flipboard is to let people discover and share content in beautiful, simple and meaningful ways.
The winner of many tech awards, Flipboard has established many updates for creating your own glossy pages to share with your friends. You can collect and save content into your own magazine and share it via social networks or email it. Bookmarklets let you add items to your magazine from your browser. Flipboard’s intuitive design elements make its addition to the iPhone stand out. It comes with built-in RSS feeds for design, sports, tech, etc., and displays them magazine-style. The process of flipping from page to page is fluid. The photographs and graphics are breathtaking and really need to be experienced.
Some of its outstanding features are:
- Pick from a range of topics to read about, including everything from world news, sports, travel and more
- Add popular publications, such as The New York Times or Vanity Fair, or add Etsy to begin shopping right from Flipboard
- Find thousands of websites, RSS feeds and interesting sources like Politico and Brain Pickings, or explore original magazines being created on Flipboard in “By Our Readers”
- Add Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and more to see updates from your social world and friends, all in a beautiful magazine style experience.
- Organize your home page to suit your specific needs.
- Available now around the world.
While we love the experience of Flipboard on the iPhone, the scale and visual ease of the app on the iPad remains unparalleled. Contact us if you’d like additional information on effective mobile design and digital strategies for your law firm.